According to the US National Library of Medicine, Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical in the Cannabis sativa plant (commonly called hemp or marijuana). Although gotten directly from the hemp plant, CBD is the essential component of medical marijuana, and reports from the World Health Organization indicates that it is not responsible for the “high” in marijuana.
CBD can be effective for the relief of depression, anxiety, muscle spasticity, sleep, and post-traumatic stress disorders. So, you can get all the health benefits of marijuana without having a psychoactive effect – the “high” effect or any form of intoxication. CBD comes in manyforms: capsules, gummies, pillows, and oil tincture. However, this article focuses on the effectiveness of CBD capsules and CBD oil.
So, at the end of this post, you should know the benefits of both CBD forms, their disadvantages, and which is more effective.
What is a CBD Oil Tincture?
CBD oil or tincture are the most common and readily available CBD products you can get in the market today. This type describes cannabidiol extracts suspended in an inert oil – usually coconut oil, olive oil, hemp seed oil, or MCT.
Most tincture bottles come with a dropper attached to the cap. With one full dropper, you can be exposed to a full spectrum of cannabidiol with all its benefits. CBD oil can be taken by placing a few drops beneath your tongue, holding it there for around a minute and a half before swallowing it. The advantage of this intake is that the CBD and terpenes are absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Thus, causing a fast and effective impact on the endocannabinoid system. You may also choose to add them to foods or just swallow the oil right away but it changes the percentage of absorption (bioavailability).
The Benefits of Using CBD Oil Tincture
- Variety: CBD oils are available in a vast number of varieties. They vary in potency and effectiveness. That means you are most likely going to get a product that suits you. Yet, we recommend that you start with a low serving size and increase it until you find what dose is best for you.
- Controlled Serving: In the previous point, we highlighted that you work your dosage up, starting from a low serving. Yet, you can only do this with CBD oils by deciding how many drops to start with and how to increase it. Alternatively, if your first dose is too strong, you can take fewer drops.
- Bioavailability: The absorption rate of CBD oils when taken sublingual (underneath the tongue) is faster and quicker than CBD capsules.
Disadvantages of CBD Oil Tincture
- Taste: CBD oils, although flavoured, still has a little of its natural “wood-like” or “earthy” taste you may not find appealing to your taste buds. Yet, capsules come in softgel and wouldn’t trigger any taste in your mouth.
- Mobility: You may find carrying a bottle of liquid CBD to work every day or for traveling very uncomfortable. Worse yet, you stand the risk of having the bottle leak in your bag or traveling box.
What is a CBD Capsule?
CBD capsules come in two different forms: the CBD isolate (in a powdered form, packed into a softgel capsule) and the softgel oil capsule. You may be asking what’s the difference between CBD oil and CBD oil capsules. Well, the oil is taken directly while the softgel oil has to go through the digestive system before its effect commence.
Benefits of Using CBD Capsules
- Ease of Use: Sublingual or addition to food, all of those are not necessary with CBD capsules. CBD capsules are so easy to take. Truth is, if you’re conversant with taking supplements or vitamins, you can conveniently add a CBD capsule to your daily meds.
- Taste: CBD capsules come in softgels. So, experience a taste-free intake unlike with CBD oils.
- Precise Dosage: While you may have to experiment, by trial and error, on how much tinctures of CBD oil is suitable for you, CBD capsules provide precisely measured doses. Thus, eradicating the guesswork.
Disadvantages of CBD Capsules
- The bioavailability of CBD capsules is very much slower than CBD oils consumed sublingually. That’s because capsules have to go through the digestive system before absorption begins.
CBD Capsules vs. CBD Oil Tincture Which Is More Effective?
The debate on what CBD form is better is still on. Yet, before we give that cliché “it all depends on your preference,” we would provide you with a detailed assessment of both. Moreover, the word “effectiveness” maybe a little ambiguous. So, we will stretch our evaluation to excessive length.
In terms of its potency and the amount of cannabidiol, CBD capsule and CBD oil are the same. Howbeit, the rate of absorption and how quickly you can get the effects of CBD, oil does a lot better.
When it comes to taste and ease of use, CBD capsules provide a taste-free, precise dose. Removing the guesswork required to get how much tincture is suitable for you and the “earthy” CBD taste.
So, now we can say that cliché – it’s all a matter of preference! If you’re interested in fast results after intake, CBD oil will be your effective pick. However, for more calculated and convenient use, you will find the CBD capsules more effective.
Still, regardless of what CBD form you pick, both come at around the same price and you are also certain to get high-quality cannabidiol.
We hope that after reading this you must have found what CBD form is suitable for you. We are, however, confident that you now understand that effectiveness can sustain different meanings but for whatsoever reason you attach to CBD effectiveness, you should have picked what form is better.
Nevertheless, CBD is a supplement and not a medication for anxiety or any of the benefits mentioned in this article. Reports from Harvard Publications on CBD side effects show that you may experience fatigue, nausea, or irritability. So, be careful about what CBD product you buy.