CBD is a breakthrough compound currently taking the natural health care world by the storm. Scientists attribute its use to many health benefits including treatment of epilepsy, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, anxiety relief, and other therapeutic applications.
CBD is available in capsules, oils, gummies, and more. They are freely accessible as food supplements in online stores or retail shops. Trust me, there are as many CBD products in the market to get you confused. So, this article seeks to provide a “divide and conquer” approach to solving that problem. In simple terms, we will provide you with detailed information on full-spectrum CBD Capsules.
Oh, there are CBD Capsule types? Yes, there are. We will also educate you on the unique benefits of full-spectrum CBD capsules, its disadvantages, and other useful information related to the full-spectrum CBD capsules.
What is CBD and THC Cannabinoids?
For you to understand what a full-spectrum CBD capsule is, you will need to know a few of the compounds present in cannabis (Cannabinoids). CBD (Cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) are the main cannabinoids extracted from cannabis and the compounds that house most of the health benefits of industrial hemp.
CBD is the most popular of these cannabinoids. Its popularity comes from its numerous health benefits and its non-psychoactive effect (the “high”). Whereas, THC is the primary psychoactive compound present in hemp. Thus, solely responsible for the “high” effect.
Types of CBD Capsules
The omission or combination of both primary cannabinoids (CBD and THC) and their extraction techniques differentiates CBD capsules into several categories. However, there are three broad types of CBD capsules with different health benefits as well as disadvantages. Namely,
- CBD Isolate Capsule: In very simple terms, the CBD isolate capsule is the purest form of CBD. As its name implies, the extraction process isolates CBD from other cannabinoids and may contain up to 99.9 percent of CBD. Isolate capsules do not contain THC and it is the best option if you need a high concentration of CBD.
So, with CBD isolate, you can enjoy most of the health benefits of CBD without worrying about getting “high.”
- Broad-Spectrum CBD Capsule: This CBD capsule type contains all the naturally occurring compounds without THC. In its extraction, only THC is isolated and removed, while other minor cannabinoids like terpenes, essential oils, and more are kept.
- Full-Spectrum CBD Capsule: You most probably would have guessed it J. This type of CBD capsule contains all the naturally available compounds of the cannabis plant (CBN, CBD, CBG, THCV, etc.), including THC. Yep, you must be curious about this: will a full-spectrum CBD capsule get me high?Answer: No. definitely not! That is because despite THC being present, it does not exceed 0.3%. As such, a full-spectrum CBD capsule wouldn’t get you high.
Why Choose Full-Spectrum CBD Capsule?
It seems to mean as an easy question: more is better. However, logic doesn’t suit all medical matters right?! So, let’s see what medical publications state.
The proposed conclusion of a study on Overcoming the Bell-shaped Dose-Response of Cannabidiol is that full-spectrum CBD is superior to other CBD capsule types for treating inflammatory conditions. Its reason? The conclusion hinges on the view that the cannabinoids present in full-spectrum CBD capsules synergize with CBD to provide health benefits at a more significant amount than CBD isolate. Yet, this is not because of the presence of the compounds themselves (like literally the more, the better), but for their interaction in the body- dubbed as the entourage effect.
The entourage effect is a theory based on the claims that the compounds in cannabis synergize in the body to produce its unique effects and benefits. In other words, one isolated molecule from the cannabis plant is not sufficient to provide the entire unique effects. A combination of these cannabinoids enhances the properties of each one of them and also counteract their negative effects.
Precisely, it is said that CBD can counterbalance the negative side effect of THC like anxiety as well as produce molecules that may block cannabinoid receptors from other bad effects.
Lastly, full-spectrum capsules contain terpenes- a cannabinoid that has a pleasant aroma and taste. Hence, making it a better option than the tasteless CBD isolate for persons who want a toothsome pill.
Advantages of Full-Spectrum CBD Capsules
- Range: Full-spectrum CBD Capsule has a better range of health benefits than any other CBD capsule type because of the presence of more cannabinoids and the entourage effect. Although CBD can produce many health benefits, the other cannabinoids provide various other beneficial effects to your body.
- Less chance of the Bell Curve Effect: Bell Curve Effect describes a convoluted dosage-to-reaction of CBD capsules. Precisely, small doses of CBD tend to produce little impact, medium doses produces the highest effects, and very high doses will produce the same little impact as with small doses. The presence of extra cannabinoids than only CBD helps reduce this effect. Thus, making CBD full-spectrum capsule ideal for picking the dose.
- Stronger Effects: As described by the entourage theory, full-spectrum CDB capsules produce better, stronger, and more health benefits than CBD isolate.
Disadvantages of Using Full-Spectrum CBD Capsules
- Full-Spectrum CBD Capsules are more expensive than other CBD types
- The final cannabinoid concentration for Full-Spectrum CBD capsules is often unpredictable because they significantly depend on the source of hemp material.
There is no specific dosage recommendation from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for any CBD type, including the full-spectrum CBD capsules.
Most often, enthusiasts make trial and error on what amount will produce the best effect for them. Remember, our bodies are different. So, we recommend that you start from little doses until you get the right amount.
We are confident that you now understand what a full-spectrum CDB capsule is and how it differs from other CBD capsule types. You now know the benefits of full-spectrum CBD capsules over its counterparts and the drawbacks common to it. All of those should have given you a well-rounded piece of information to guide your decision on what CBD capsule type to choose. Still, we advise that, although the side effects of full-spectrum CBD capsules are minimal, if you experience irritability, nausea, dizziness, you should discontinue it.